Friday, January 29, 2016

DIY Bow Tutorial


When I found out I was having a daughter, I grew a strong desire to start sewing. My husband worked on my only day off and so I needed something to take up my time. I knew i wanted to make her cute things. One of my favorite things to sew were little bows. They didn’t take up much fabric and they were SUPER cute. 



One of my favorite projects to use fabric scraps is still to make bows. Currently my daughter hates putting things in her hair (unless i somehow convince her that elsa where’s it). So I add bows to things like my zipper pouches.



These bows are super easy to make. 







Here are the materials:

  • Piece of scrap fabric
  • Fabric Scissors
  • Sewing Machine

  1. Cut a rectangle of fabric that is about 6 inches by 4 inches (you can adjust this to be the size that you want). 
  2. Fold the fabric piece in half (right sides together) long ways and cut the corners off. 
  3. Sew the edges and leave an opening in the middle.
  4. Turn the piece back to the right side. 
  5. Do a top stitch over the middle piece of the hold.
  6. When done tie in the middle

DONE!


It is super easy and super addicting. Add an alligator clip to the back to make a hair clip! Or add to a zipper pouch! 

Polka dot fabric: Joanns
Ideas derived from: This tutorial

Adding to a zipper pouch from this tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment