Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DIY Gift Tags

Its November, so I get to talk about Christmas right? Well i've been so excited about Christmas, just because i think i dream about pretty packaging or maybe i'm more obsessed about making gift tags. So I decided to show you guys how I made some tags for Christmas coming up. 


The first thing I did was pulled up pages. (Which is mac's version of word) What i usually do is create a bunch of text boxes and typed in quotes. Most of the fonts that i use come from pinterest that are free. Here's my board if you wanted to follow it!

(sorry about the bad lighting. Remind me in my next house to not put my desk in front of a window when its in the basement)

After I made cute little designs with fonts and christmas sayings i printed them on paper. Does anyone else see turquoise and red and think Christmas?


After I printed them on paper I decided to use some of my punches and or just cut the paper and punched out some cute borders. I also made a few tags without the sayings. Here are all the variations i made:


I just wanted to spot light a few of them:

Here are the tags that i used my new Santa stamp:

I'm kind of obsessed with these mini cupcake stamps that i go from this Etsy shop that i stumbled upon the other day. I am also obsessed with the Mason Jar punch that i got from target. Here's one on amazon.

These one i'm kind of obsessed with because i think they look like SANTA! ahaha. 



For these i used Kraft paper, my scalloped punch, and my sizzix big kick. I found some cute embossing plates from the scrapbook warehouse that opened in Salt Lake City. I'm so happy that I was able to use them in something so cute! One of these days I'll write a tutorial on the cute little bows that I added also!

Here's the last one to spot light.

For this one i cut a rectangle and then used my scalloped punch on the edges. I added a small red heart and stamp some snow flakes at the bottom. This present is for my nephew and my son crinkled the wrapping paper a little too much and so i needed to add a few embellishments. 

So there it is! If any of you want the file for the little sayings i created just email me!








No comments:

Post a Comment